My name is Christina Guo and I am your Medical Student Council of Victoria (MSCV) Chair for 2019.
I believe I have the passion, skills and ambition to continue the success of MSCV in 2019. I strongly believe in MSCV and what it stands for: engagement, advocacy and internship support.
MSCV is a representative body for medical students studying in Victoria. The aims of the Council are to represent and support Victorian medical students and to connect their Medical Student Societies.
Victoria’s Medical Student Societies have traditionally had close relationships, through the long enduring friendly rivalry between students on either side of river and the ingrained need to fight for Victorian pride at AMSA Convention.
MSCV is comprised of three representatives from each of the Victorian Medical Student Societies: UMMSS, MUMUS, MeDUSA and MANDUS. These are the Presidents, AMSA Representatives and a third representative nominated by each Society. In addition, each year a Chair is selected by the Council to be your voice, represent your views and coordinate the Council’s agenda throughout the year. The Council meets monthly, or more frequently as needed.
Goals for 2019
- Continue to serve as a unifying voice on issues that affect medical students of Victoria, including internship capacity, quality of clinical training, hospital sharing, student well-being and the concerns regarding new medical schools
- Internship assistance and support
- Facilitate communication between the Medical Student Societies of the state to encourage the sharing of knowledge and experience
- Enable the co-ordination and organisation of events involving all Victorian medical students
- Increase the awareness of MSCV amongst Victorian medical students
Intern Support Group
MSCV has an ongoing dialogue with PMCV and AMA Victoria, and so is well placed to answer queries on internships. If you are a final year medical student applying for internship, you’re encouraged to join the Intern Support Group on Facebook. This group will be used as a conduit for information to be passed on to applicants and as a place to answer questions for the benefit of all applicants.
I hope you have a great 2019 and please don’t hesitate to contact us at MSCV if you have any questions. I am also open to any great ideas or suggestions you may want to share with us.
MSCV Chair 2019