The Medical Student Council of Victoria provides state level representation for medical students from The University of Melbourne, Monash University and Deakin University.
With the new Deakin University medical school opening in 2008, University of Melbourne Medical Students’ Society (UMMSS) and Monash University Medical Undergraduates’ Society (MUMUS) representatives have decided that the time is right to establish a state-level representative body that has the local knowledge and experience to work with a broad array of state health stakeholders including:
- Melbourne, Monash, Deakin and Notre Dame (Sydney) Medical schools
- The Victorian Government and Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS)
- The Postgraduate Medical Council of Victoria (PMCV) and their Junior Medical Officer Forum
- The Australian Medical Association (Victoria) and AMA Victoria Doctors in Training Sub-committee
- Public and private hospital group management bodies
- The Medical Practitioners Board of Victoria